Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's All Grace


The more I explore it the more clearly I recognize that the ordinary and the extraordinary in my life are not separate threads intersecting at magical points but rather that everything is at once both ordinary and extraordinary. My perception of my experiences and the world around me seems to be determined by my state of awareness/consciousness/openness at any given moment.

I used to think Grace Happens. It now seems to me that when all the obstructions and false notions of my sense of “I” and of who “I” am are suspended, I am Presence itself and from that vantage, it’s all Grace.

I love how Ramana Maharshi, the beloved Indian sage explained Grace:
“God’s Grace is the beginning, the middle and the end. When you pray for God’s Grace, you are like someone standing neck-deep in water and yet crying for water. It is like saying that someone neck-deep in water feels thirsty, or that a fish in water feels thirsty, or that water feels thirsty.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, it is all grace. thank you for the reminder.